Pages

Thursday, October 27, 2011

Resale Shops

Purchasing clothing and other items from resale shops is a great way to save money.  Resale shops are a great place to score cheap items such as household items and clothing.  However, another way to stretch your money at a resale shop is to sell items to the shop for instore credit.  There are many clothing resale shops that specialize in clothing that will purchase gently used clothing and give the seller an in store credit.  The credit can then be used to purchase already discounted clothing.  I personally utilize this practice with my children's clothes.  When my kids outgrow their clothing I seperate it into season bins.  I then take the clothing to the resale shop during the appropriate season and exchange the clothing for in store credit.  Make sure to call the shop ahead of time and confirm the season they are buying for.