Pages

Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Make Money Reselling Furniture

I recently stumbled on a way to make some fast money doing something I enjoy from the comfort of my own homw.  I discovered that I can sell furniture that I have refinished (strip and stained) for more money than I paid for the piece.  The key here is to buy cheap!  I scour gargage sales looking for those rare finds.  That piece of furniture that is solid wood and in good condition.  I don't care how ugly the piece is as long as it is real wood and not pressed board.  Since I don't know how to repair wood I look for items in good condition that just need stripped and restained.  I found how to videos on line showing me how to strip and stain wood.  I bought a quality stain in a neutral color (not too dark and not too light) which I use on all the pieces.  This will also allow you to sell pieces together as a set.  You could restain a chest and headboard the same color and create a bedroom set that you can sell.
I have been lucky enough to find a chest for $10 bucks and a set of three end tables for $10 bucks as well.  I was able to strip, sand and stain the pieces and turn around and sell them for twice as much as I invested.  The pieces looked great and everyone benefited.  I was able to make money from home and someone else got a nice piece of furniture cheap.